I became a mum for the first time in 2014. My now (almost a) toddler is 14 months and taking her first steps. Exciting times in our house!
This little blog is a place to share some of what I've learnt along the way, what I wish I knew before the baby arrived, some advice to other first time parents, the occasional product review and who-knows-what-other-adventures that come with raising a little person!
Today my focus is something like this:
Would someone mind telling my 14 month old.....
- Don't furniture walk around the toilet!
- Don't drink the bleach (said bleach is now safely locked away!)
- Get out of the TV cables you're playing in
- Don't put the lip balm, 'phone, pen etc into the coal bucket ... note to parents - if ANYTHING is lost; check the coal bucket!
- It's not helpful when you fill your nappy just as you go to sleep!!! This involves the changing of a nappy and starting the going-to-bed process all over again!
- Climbing into the basket of your travel system might be fun for you, but it's not particularly safe, especially when the brakes aren't on!
- Don't undo the buckles of the harness on your highchair. Please. Just don't!
- Oh, and ..... Mammy loves you, all the way to the moon and back! :)
Cheerio for now
first time mammy